Media Centre - Rates
- The Inverted Yield Curve Part Two: Time to Batten Down the Hatches?
- 11th December 2018
- Having preceded every economic downturn in the United States since the 1960s, the inverted yield curve heralds the reputation of being the most reliable signal of a looming recession
- The Inverted Yield Curve: a Recession Precursor?
- 31st August 2018
- Used as a crystal ball by economists, the yield curve has a strong track record for predicting recessions. Whilst it probably isn't "different this time", an inversion itself isn't an immediate sell-signal.
- Rising bond yields not a problem for the stock market (yet)
- 2nd March 2018
- Bond yields have been moving up and some investors see these higher interest rates as a threat to the stock market. Our analysis suggests we are some way from this being the case, but much closer to it in the US than in the UK.